Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Intro

I am not a writer, in fact, I suck at writing.  My content will consist of the chaos I experience in each shift along with possible educational information I happen to come across.  I hope to open the eyes of even just a few people to the world of nursing; the hell we can endure, and risks we take every single day.

Let's start off with a simple fact that not many people realize.  Most of you who do not work in the healthcare industry will never experience the amount of stress that we take on in a single shift.  If we make a simple mistake it could kill someone or cause a new onset of chronic conditions. If we make a single mistake, one that seems trivial, then we will lose our license to practice. You make a mistake in your job and you either get slapped on the wrist or fired.  Every move we make is crucial not just for our patients' lives but for our own.  We understand their lives are important and we try our absolute hardest not only with our skills and knowledge, but with our hearts.  The last thing we want to do is harm your loved one.   Please go easy on us when we're taking care of you or your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment