Friday, April 15, 2011

Five easy tips:

1.  Help your CNAs as much as possible. If you show them this respect and hard work then they will do the exact same for you when you need a favor.
2.  When asking any of your coworkers for help, do it with kindness and politeness.  I've found I can get anyone to do anything simply by using "please" and a smile.
3.  Never ever ever forget your professionalism.  This is where I made my biggest mistake so far.  In my everyday life I don't have an ounce of drama.  Starting my nursing career was like a new world for me because there is drama and gossip galore. I got caught up in it and there was a wild situation that took away the professional image that my bosses had of me.
4.  Never be afraid to ask, whether it be a knowledge-based question or for help with doing something you aren't sure of.  Everyone will respect you more for not making a mistake and being 100% sure you're doing the right thing.
5.  Do not be late !  We have a CNA who is 15 minutes late for every shift.  How she has not been fired yet is beyond me, but she definitely has lost a lot of respect from her coworkers.

These may seem like common sense but in the heat of the moment, forgetfulness is at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment